Chuck Palaniuk, Stephen king, Brett Eatson Ellis

Tell us about your favorite horror books
chorsphis

Post by chorsphis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Chuck Palaniuk has to be one of my favorite writers of all time, May or not may be horror but his Book "Haunted" is a collection of short stories of a bunch of horrible life tragedies.

Stephen King has a lot of good horror under his name but my favorite would have to be "Doctor Sleep" its the sequel to the shining, with a all grown up Danny boy.

I couldn't skip Brett Easton Ellis...American Psycho is one of the greatest stories I have ever read...The movie is great but the book just has parts so graphic they are hard to read

Katherine K

Post by Katherine K » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:01 am

I love "Haunted". Did you know that a bunch of people passed out at various live readings Palaniuk did when promoting that book? He was reading the "Guts" story aloud (you must remember the one!)

Stephan King is a long-time favourite of mine, but I've never actually read "Doctor Sleep". I do love "THe SHining", though, so I suppose I really should check it out.

I've never read any Brett Easton Ellis. I saw the film version of "American Psycho" and it didn't really appeal to me.