Horror Origins: Death Speaks

Post your Creepypasta stories here
*NOTE stories posted here will not be eligible to feature on the main site*
Jeems

Horror Origins: Death Speaks

Post by Jeems » Thu May 03, 2018 4:53 am

*Disclaimer: I do not claim to have conceived this story in any way. It is merely a re-telling of an existing masterpiece.*

Certain tales live on forever. This particular one is almost 1,800 years old from the Babylonian Talmud. 2 minutes long at most, and packing a robust kick with a little bit of everything, this is one for eternity.

Without further ado, I present my own rendition (more like paraphrasing) of the veritable Death Speaks A.K.A. An Appointment in Samarra

My servant came home from the market this morning, ashen-faced and distraught. He implored that I lend him my swiftest camel so he may at once flee to Samarra. I had no business there, and neither did he, so I bid him explain himself.

"While I was at the market, I accidentally jostled an old man, and when he turned to face me, it was none other than Death himself. He made a threatening gesture, and I was so frightened that I ran away. So please, master, a camel, so I may ride to Samarra where Death will not find me."

Touched by his tale, I gave him a mount and adequate provisions. With gratitude on his lips, he spurred the mount and quickly vanished beyond the dunes, onward to Samarra, where he could avoid his fate.

Later that day, I chanced upon Death in the market. I approached him, curious as to why he would threaten my servant.

Death turned to me with his leather parchment face, and rasped,

"I was not threatening him, it was merely a start of surprise, I did not expect him here in Baghdad, for you see, I have an appointment with him tonight in Samarra."

DIRUSNOCTIS

Re: Horror Origins: Death Speaks

Post by DIRUSNOCTIS » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:58 am

I wouldn't call it scary but I'll admit it was a bit creepy and had a well thought out plot twist.